- Student schedules will be available the morning of Friday, August 14th in PowerSchool
- Please have your student check their schedule again over the weekend as there are adjustments that counselors are making to a few students’ schedules.
- Students who would like to request a schedule change will have the opportunity to fill out a Schedule Change Request form. That form will be pushed out to students through Google Classroom on Wednesday August 19th and will be accepted through Friday, August 28th. AP Drop requests will begin the week of August 31st and will be effective the following week.
Class Period Schedule - Use this link to access the bell schedule.
- Monday August 17th will be an “A” Day and Tuesday, August 18th will be a “B” Day.
A/B Day Calendar for LHS - Use this link to access the Semester 1 calendar of A and B days for LHS.
First and Second Day Instructions -
- Students will attend each period through their Google Classroom account. Their courses will automatically be loaded through PowerSchool in their Google Classroom account. Students should follow their schedule and access those specific courses in their Google Classroom. These will have instructions and links for them to be online for each class period and meet their teacher.
- Courses in Google Classroom will be named with the class period, course, and instructors name.
- Students should go to the “classwork” section of their classes to access each day's instructional content.
- Classroom posts will begin with the date they should be accessed. (Ex. 8.17.20)
- Instructions for accessing Google Classroom can be found HERE.
- Students should follow their daily schedule and go to Google Classroom at the beginning of each period to find instructions for that class period. (Zoom link, videos, assignments, etc…) Use this link to your student instructions for accessing Google Classroom
- Classes are listed in Google Classroom by A/B day, class period, and class name.
- Courses that only have physical textbooks are participating in textbook pickup Friday August, 14 between 1:00 -5:00 p.m. or Sat. August 15 between 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. All grade levels have the option to come whenever it is convenient for them.
- All other textbooks will be available online. Teachers will show students how to access these books during the first week of school.
- If a course has both online access and a physical textbook, students may have the opportunity to be issued the physical textbook when we return to campus the week of September 8th.
- Families who have requested technology will pick up Friday, August 21st. Watch for emails and announcements for pickup schedule details. This round of technology requests will close at 9pm on Wednesday, August 19th. In order to pick up technology, you will need to display the student’s last name, first name and grade level in the window of your vehicle:
- Here is the link to request technology:
Technology Request for Pickup Day Fri Aug 21
- If you cannot get logged into your LISD student account(s), please call the Technology Help Desk at 214-507-4415, Monday - Friday between 9 am - 4 pm. If you have to leave a message someone will return your call.
- This link has lots of helpful technology information for LHS parents and students in Technology Tips. If this doesn’t help, call the Help Desk.
- Students should let their teachers know when they have problems with internet connectivity or accessing assignments in Google Classroom. They can do this through email, Google Classroom, or by calling LHS at 469-742-8700 and leaving a message.
Group 1 and Group 2 alpha split for On-Campus Hybrid and Hybrid+ students.
- Group 1 will include students with the last names beginning with A-K
- Group 2 will include students with the last names beginning with L-Z
- This only applies for when LHS begins on-campus instruction beginning September 8th.
- Families with unique needs (children with different last names, etc…) should contact their LHS Counselor to request a change from their designated group.
If you need to connect with an LHS Counselor, the Information on alpha splits and emails are as follows:
9th -11th Grades:
- A-Gr: Mr. Gerhard ([email protected])
- Gu-Pa: Mr. Ledezma ([email protected])
- Pe-Z: Ms. Jenkins ([email protected])
- A-Z: Mrs. Cabrera ([email protected])
In the spring we heard from several parents about the desire to help their student with structure through a daily schedule. Here is a link to a Sample Student Daily Schedule that you could tailor to your student if you are interested.
Lovejoy High School