STUDENT QUALIFICATION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in the Lovejoy ISD Clinical Programs. This packet describes the qualification process for the 2021-2022 school year. All programs are offered through our CTE Health Science Program and are held at either Lovejoy High School or Collin College CPC. With parent approval, students may provide their own transportation but may not transport other students. We plan to offer four (4) specialized programs of study for the 2021-2022 School Year:
If you have any questions, please feel free to email:
CNA, Internship, or Pharmacy Technician
- Barnett RN, BSN [email protected]
Physical Therapy Technician
- Debbi Muckelroy [email protected]
Completed packets are due on or before Friday, March 19th by 4:15 pm.
Failure to complete the qualification packet in its entirety by the due date will result in denial to the clinical programs. Please read the qualification instructions and forms carefully. A checklist has been provided on the next page to assist you with the application process.
STUDENT SELECTION PROCESS
All submitted applications will be tallied using a 100-point rubric and tabulation system. The following items will be considered in the score:
- GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Semester grade in your most recent Math, Science, and/or English class
- Principles of Health Science semester grade
- Discipline and Attendance Record (completed by your House Principal)
- Average of your 4 Teacher Recommendation Form Scores
- Your Health Science Teacher Recommendation Form Score
- Your Personal Statement Video and Short Answer Questions Scores
- In order for an application to be considered, it must score a minimum of 70 points.
- Once all applications have been scored, those meeting the minimum point value will be ranked in numerical order from highest to lowest.
- The students with the highest application points will be accepted into their 1st choice program. The number of students accepted will not exceed the number of seats available in each program.
- Students whose application scores do not earn them a seat in their 1st choice program, or the 1st choice program does not make, will then be considered for their 2nd and 3rd choice programs based on their score and availability of seats in those programs. Please make sure to choose a 2nd and 3rd program option.
- Students will be notified of acceptance into the clinical program via email on 04/01/21. Students will receive official notification and instructions via email within the following 1-2 weeks.
20 CNA Students, 15 Pharm Tech, 20 Physical Therapy Technician
Please be sure you have completed ALL of the items in the list below BEFORE the deadline. Absolutely NO packets or portions of packets will be accepted after Friday, March 19, 2021 at 4:15 PM. (Please note: All online submissions are time-stamped.)
***Please read and follow the directions carefully!***
__________ Student Clinical Application Form (ONLINE)
The Student Qualification Form can be accessed from Advanced HS Student Application Form. Click on the Student Qualification Form link in the right-hand menu. Next, complete the form and submit.
__________ Short Answer Questions (ONLINE)
The Short Answer Questions can be accessed directly from Short Answer Link. Click on the Short Answers Form link in the right-hand menu. Next, complete the form and submit.
__________ Personal Statement Video (ONLINE) –
Please read and follow the directions carefully –
Your personal statement must:
Communicate who you are as a person (personality, character traits, dreams/goals) and why you believe you should be selected as a candidate for the clinical program.
The Personal Statement Video can be accessed directly from Personal Video Form Link Click on the Personal Statement Video link in the right-hand menu.
Next, complete the form by uploading an MP4 or MOV file and submit.
__________ Administrator Discipline Review (ONLINE)
The Discipline Record can be accessed directly from the application website. Email your vice-principal and ask them to complete the Discipline Record Form. You may
copy and paste the template below in an email to your vice principal:
My name is ___________ and I am applying for one of the LISD Health Science Clinical Programs for the 2020-21 school year. As a part of my application, I am required
to ask my Principal to fill out an online form regarding my Discipline Record. Please click on this link to access the application website: Admin Discipline Review Link. From
there, click on the “Administrators” link in the right-hand menu to fill out the form.
Thank you for your time and assistance,
Student ID# __________
__________ FOUR Teacher Recommendations (ONLINE)
The form can be accessed directly from the application website. Email your selected teachers (4) and ask them to go to complete the Teacher Recommendation Form.
PLEASE NOTE: You must obtain a teacher recommendation from your current (or most recent) teacher in each of the following subjects: Math, Science, English
and a fourth teacher of choice (any current core or elective teacher is acceptable.) You may copy and paste the template below in an email to your selected teachers.
My name is ___________ and I am applying for one of the LISD Health Science Clinical Programs for the 2020-2021 school year. As a part of my application, I am
required to ask a few of my teachers for a teacher recommendation. Would you please fill out a recommendation for me? Please click on this link to access the application
website: Teacher Link. From there, you can click on “Teachers” in the right-hand menu and fill out the form.
Thank you for your time and assistance,
Student ID# __________
__________ Transcript Release
Once your application is turned in, we will contact the Registrar's Office to request your most recent transcripts. No action is required on your part.
Required paper forms should be hand-delivered to:
Room D 114 Mrs. Barnett
__________ Signed Parent Letter Link to Parent Letter
Please print and sign the parent letter located on the right-side menu and turn it in by the application deadline.
__________ Signed Estimated Expenses for Advanced HS Course Work Sheet
Estimated HS Expenses PDF Form <<<Google Sheet will be continually updated as new information becomes available>>>
Please print and sign the clinical expenses sheet located on the right-side menu and turn it in by the application deadline.
INCOMPLETE AND/OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.